(1) Get your Mind Right
- What we do & don’t do relies on our ability to take action which is significantly impacted by our mental state – we can change this but just taking physical action
- When you’re physically active on a regular basis you naturally make better food choices, rest better, improve confidence etc.
- Start Slow – Do 1/2 as much as you did when you were exercising
- Think of this as a lifestyle change, results don’t come over night
- Goals – be specific
- Areas of Concern/Obstacles – consider your lifestyle as well as previous injuries etc.
- Interests – must be interest-driven to succeed
- Complete a fitness evaluation & re-evaluate quarterly
(3) ActionPlan/Enlist Support:
_ Date your goals/Schedule you’re fitness
- increase your outcome by over 40%
- increases accountability
- buddy up for fun/variety
(4) Find your ‘Why’
- Motivation through inspiration
- Seasonal approach (systematic)
- Overhaul your program every 3 months
- Sign up for a future event/challenge
- Try one new class/workout/routine each month
In the Toronto area? Check out https://www.thinkfitnessstudios.com to get started.